Dean & Principal
Contact Details: Ph: +91 (79)-23243740, PBX: 23243734/35: Ext.-106, Mo.: +91-99784 46706 & +91-94263 34140
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA in Edu. (2014), Ganpat Uni., Kherava; CGPA 8.32 (77 %)
- PhD in Education (1999), Gujarat Uni. Ahmedabad
- PG Certi. in Teaching English (1996), English and Foreign Language Uni.- Hyderabad; B Grade
- MEd (1991), Gujarat Uni., Ahmedabad; 58 %
- BEd (1990), Gujarat Uni., Ahmedabad; 70 %
- MA (1989), Gujarat Uni., Ahmedabad; 44 %
- BA (1987), Gujarat Uni., Ahmedabad; 55 %
- Dip. in Performing Arts (1985), MS Uni. of Baroda, Vadodara; 57 %
- Principal (UGC: Professor Scale), SUG College of Education, Vasana, Ahmedabad; from 1 Sept. 2005 to 15 Jan 2014 (BOH)
- Lecturer (SS & SG) Secondary Teachers Training College, Visnagar; from 5-1-1995 to 31-8-2005
- Principal, Agakhan School, Sidhpur; from 19 May 1994 to 4 Jan. 1995
- Floor Asst., Gujarat Institute of Educational Technology, Drive-in Road, Ahmedabad; From 3 Oct. 1985 to 18 May 1994
PG Teaching & Research Guidance
- PG Teaching from 1999, recognised by Hem. North Gujarat University, Patan, M.Ed. Dissertation: 8 Students, M.Phil.: 2 Students Completed;
- Ph.D. Guide: 1. BAOU, Ahmedbad: 2 students are registered 2. IITE, Gandhinagar: 1 student is registered
Member of Boards/Council
- Member of the Council of School of Education, Distance Education and Educational Technology, BAOU, Gandhinagar
- Member of one of the Boards of Studies in Education Faculty of Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat and was member for two terms earlier.
- Ex- Member of Board of Studies in Education Faculty of Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Educational TV and Radio
- Participation in ETV programs as Production Assistant, Director, Compeer and Scenic Designer. (9 years)
- Subject Expert and Script-writer for the ETV Production on 'Learning Disabilities' entitled "ADHYAYAN AKSHMATA" produced by Gujarat Institute of Educational Technology, Ahmedabad.
- Script-writer for ETV Productions on Computers produced by Gujarat Institute of Educational Technology, Ahmedabad.
- Participation in about 9 Educational Radio Broadcast for Gyanvani, IGNOU, Ahmedabad.
- Participation in Audio/Video Conferences as Resource Person.
- Participated in Live & Recorded TV Talk Show on Education for DDK, Ahmedabad
- One of the members of Jury for 18th All India Children's Audio Video Festival 2013
- ET & Computer Lab in-charge., Amateur Audio and Video Recording with Editing., Operation of different Audio-visual aids., Operation of Language Lab., Aware of Educational Software Development. (eLearning: CMS, LCMS, IMS), Computer. (Working Knowledge of MS Office, Educational Software, etc.)
(Experience of teaching following subjects at UG/PG Level)
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- English- Content and Methodology
- Educational Technology
- Information Technology and Computers in Education
- Educational Statistics and Measurement
- Development of Learners and Teaching-learning Process
- Curriculum Development
- Integral Personality (Theatre)
Ph.D.: I had undertaken the following task.
"Effectiveness of Training of Dramatics on Teacher Effectiveness"
- Teaching English (TESL/TEFL)
- Teaching and Learning English as SL/FL
- Co-authored "SHIKSHAN MA COMPUTERNO UPYOG"(Application of Computers in Education) in Gujarati
- (ANGREJI BHASHA SHIKSHAN) English Language Teaching in Gujarati for PTC
- "Method of Teaching English" – A book on TESL/FL
- "Information and Communication Technology in Teaching" in Gujarati.
- Co-authored "Information Technology in Education" in Gujarati
- Co-authored "ADHYETANO VIKAS ANE ADHYAPAN-ADHYAYAN PRAKRIYA" in Gujarati (Development of Learner and Teaching Learning Process)
- Editor in Chief of Seminar Proceeding Book published- "BHARTIYA EDUCATION SYSTEM IN GLOBAL CONTEXT" by Vidya Bharati, Gujarat Pradesh- ISBN: 978-81-906373-0-5, (2013)
I have attended about 35 National/ State level Seminar/Conference/Workshop etc. on varied aspects of education. Seven papers were selected for presentation. They were entitled:
- School Education and Education Technology – A fact file.
- Bloom's Taxonomy and Teaching of English.
- A Paradigm Shift in English Language Teaching.
- Classroom Pedagogy and Web based Learning.
- Dramatics: Teacher friendly Art
- LCMS in Developing Multimedia TLM
- EDUSAT: A step forward to Virtual Classroom
- Played main role in the TV serial " Antar na Ekant" (Gujarati), Episode No 2 & 3 'Dudh no Loto' (1990)
- Directed Episode No. 4 of TV serial " Antar na Ekant" (Gujarati), Subtitled 'Tarpan'. (1990)
- Played roles in the following serials: (1986-1991)
– Zindagi Ek Safar, Bhala Bhusa na Bhed Bharam, Goras, Bhogilala Bharekham, etc.
- I have participated in more than hundred shows of full-length plays in the following capacities.
- I have played a major role in a play KALA DEVTA that was awarded The Best Play at the All India Dramatics Competition of One-act Plays at Simla in June 1985.
Training programs participated as Resource Person
- Personality Development and Spoken English
- Training of Dramatics
- Career Development Programme
- Teacher awareness towards ET
- Language Improvement Programs in Gujarati and English
- Natural Language Processing, Neuro-linguistic Programming and Psycho-neuro Programming
- Teleconference Resource Person for English Language Teaching
- Key Resource Person (KRP) for Karmayogi in English
- Multi-media Script Writing Workshop for Primary Teachers As one of the RPs for developing Curriculum for 5 year B.Ed.
- As one of the RPs for Development of Resource Book on Language Proficiency and Communication Skills at NCERT, New Delhi
Subject: Fine Arts (including theatre arts) for Indian Institute of Teacher Education, Gandhinagar