GURU DRONA SKILL DEVELOPMENT CENTER
GURU DRONA SKILL DEVELOPMENT: Ku. Hiral Maheta
GDSDC focusses on developing students’ skills through further training which provides significant benefits including Increase in employment opportunities, Increased career development opportunities, Personal growth like building your networking, communication and negotiation skills, Increased knowledge and understanding of education industry, developing; creativity and channelizing inner talents of future teachers.
Keeping this in mind, the 2019-20 activities included the following:
SKILL COURSES FOR IITE STUDENTS
The following skill courses were introduced out of which IITE students had scope of selection of any three skills:
- DIPTI (Development of Integral Personality through Innovation)
- Dance – Kathak
- Dance – Bharatanatyam
- 3D Printing
- Rifle Shooting
- ACHIVEMENTS OF IITE STUDENTS
- 1 Gold Medal, 2 Silver Medal, 4 Bronze Medals in Rifle shooting championship (7 Medals)
- 1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 2 Bronze Medal in Taekwondo Khel Mahakumbh district level competition (4 Medals)
SKILL COMPETITIONS ORGANISED BY DEPARTMENT OF SKILL
- Online Skill Quest of 7 days was announced. It included Essay Writing Competition, Story writing Competition and Painting, Sketching, Drawing Competition. This yield fabulous participation of all age groups in which their creativity was addressed during the period of lockdown.
- Online National Mega Quiz: Quiz Wizz of 3 days was conducted. It was one of its kind online quiz which was fully engaging for the participants.