INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
UGC in its 12th Plan Guidelines conceived IQAC as a mechanism to build and ensure quality culture at the institutional level. UGC entrusted National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with the task of performance, evaluation, assessment, accreditation In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE), Gandhinagar established IQAC in 2019 with an aim to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of IITE.
As per the provision be Section 34(1) of IITE Act various committees were constituted (Regulation 8 of IITE – Constitution of Committees) to fulfil university objectives, functions and powers as per the Section 5, 6 of the Act and as per the guidelines of UGC/GOI/GOG. Internal Quality Assurance Cell of IITE functions in accordance with Regulation 10 of IITE
As per the Regulation No. 10 under IITE Act the University shall constitute an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to;
- Develop a quality system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of University.
- Promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Develop and apply quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrange for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Disseminate information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organize inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Document the various programs/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement;
- Act as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating quality- related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices;
- Develop and maintain Institutional database through Management Information System for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Develop Quality Culture in the University;
- Prepare the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters / assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of the University based on the AQAR;
- Submit AQAR for approval and necessary quality enhancement measure to Academic Council and Executive Council;
- Submit AQAR to NAAC / UGC / other accreditation body with follow up reports;
- Upload AQAR and other quality reports on exclusive window of university website;